If it were possible to sum up the Audi RS 5 coupe or convertible in five words, they’d have to be “more of a good thing.” That’s because this ultra-high-performance variant of the German automaker’s appealing A5 (and its sportier S5 sibling) takes everything that’s good about those’
Audi adds more aggressive styling and significant hardware upgrades to make the RS 5 the best of the bunch. It takes everything that’s good about A5 and its sportier S5 sibling and incorporates them to provide a ultra-high performance variant.
One cannot argue that the RS 5 deserves and earns a place by virtue of its 336 kilowatt powerful V8 engine alone. The Audi is capable on the handling front as well, thanks to its strengthened suspension, re-calibrated steering gear and its AWD (all-wheel-drive system) which works together to make winding roads as an enjoyable experience
Under the bonnet, the Audi RS 5 provides a 4.2-litre V8 engine that develops class-leading 336 Kw power. With a seven-speed automated manual gearbox that can be run in fully automatic mode or manually shifted via steering-wheel-mounted paddles.
Audi’s finely-calibrated “Quattro All-Wheel-Drive System” provides incredible stability with the coupe sprinting from zero to 100 kmh in 4.3 seconds- amazingly fast with fuel consumption at 15.7 litres/100 kms.
Standard features include:
- 19-inch alloy wheels,
- adaptive xenon headlights,
- a speed-activated pop-up rear spoiler,
- a panoramic sunroof,
- keyless ignition and entry,
- tri-zone automatic climate control,
- leather upholstery,
- heated eight-way power sport seats,
- Bluetooth and a premium sound system with a CD player,
- Satellite radio and iPod integration.
- Option highlights include 20-inch alloy wheels, carbon-ceramic front disc brakes, a sport exhaust system, leather/faux suede upholstery, a navigation system and a Bang & Olufsen sound system with HD radio. A Driver Assist package includes adaptive cruise control, adaptive steering and blind spot monitoring.
The Audi RS 5 includes an interior that’s luxurious. As with many of its competitors, the biggest negative is a backseat that’s a tight fit for 2 adults.
On the road, that potent power-systems works in together with the ‘All-Wheel-Drive System’ its recalibrated suspension and fantastic steering systems providing a performance that should satisfy most fast-driving enthusiasts.