The Audi A8 is available in both short-wheel base and long-wheelbase (A8 L) configurations.
The A8 3.0T has a super-charged 3.0-litre V6 engine and the A8 4.0T has a twin-turbo-charged 4.0-litre V8.
The long-wheelbase models are also available with a 3.0-litre turbo-diesel V6 and a 6.3-litre W12.
The performance-oriented Audi S8 also has a twin-turbo 4.0-litre V8.
All models come standard with an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
The A8 hasn’t been fully re-designed since the 2011 model year.
Comments from Auto Writers, Critics and Test Drivers
· Automotive writers are impressed with the Audi A8’s offers nimble handling, a strong engine and a lavish interior.
· Every A8 comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive.
· According to the EPA, the 2015 A8 3.0T gets 12.4/8.1 kms/100 kms city/highway, which is good for the class.
· Test drivers agree that the A8 has excellent handling with the agility of a much smaller sport sedan.
· They impressed with its sharp steering, excellent traction and smooth ride.
· Test drivers are impressed with the Audi A8’s interior opulence, high-end materials and great styling.
· Critics say the front seats are comfortable with roomy rear seats but are disappointed with the boot space offered by a car of this size.
Standard Features Include
Leather upholstery, power-adjustable front seats, heated front seats, a 14-speaker Bose surround-sound audio system, satellite radio, a USB port, Bluetooth, front and rear parking sensors, a rearview camera and Audi’s MMI infotainment and navigation system.
· Heated front and rear seats that are ventilated with massaging feature.
· Panoramic sunroof, 19-speaker Bang & Olufsen sound system, blind spot monitoring, active lane keep assist, adaptive cruise control, forward collision warning, a head-up display, night vision and a surround-view camera system. Reviewers are impressed with the number of high-tech features in the A8.
Comments from International Motoring Websites
1. “The 2015 Audi A8 remains one of our top luxury sedan picks for its high levels of comfort, performance and numerous high-tech features.” – Edmunds
2. “If you crave a full-size luxury sedan that’s conservative on the outside but sophisticated within, the A8 is the subdued standout in this segment.” – Kelley Blue Book
3. “The Audi A8 delivers the stretch-out-space, high-tech gadgetry and pampering extras one would expect of a full-size luxury sedan, but it drives much smaller than its generous dimensions would suggest. These virtues, along with standard quattro all-wheel-drive and a wide range of powerful yet efficient motors, make the A8 a highly tempting option for executive sedan shoppers.” – Left Lane News
4. “Compared with the big S-Classes and 7 Series of the world, the A8 feels lithe and more responsive – less of a limousine and more of a sport sedan.” – Motor Trend (2013)